Thursday, September 2, 2010

Goodbye freedom, hello Freedom!


Um, should somebody tell him that he can't bring lightsabers to kindergarten?
With or without lightsabers, may the force be with you, G-Dawg.



Earlier this week.......

Me: Will you miss me when you go to kindergarten?
Garrett: (with enthusiasm and a proud smile) "No mom, I won't miss you even one tiny bit!!"

And even though he won't miss me and he wasn't nervous or scared or anything other than excited, I will be forever grateful to him that as we stood outside his kindergarten room on that first day, waiting for the bell to ring, he quietly slipped his hand inside mine and held on for a few more minutes. Thanks, G. It's been so fun to hang out with you these past (almost) 6 years. 

2 comments:

Maddy and Amber said...

Wow, I just totally teared up and he's not even my kid! (well kinda my adopted son whenever you're not there- lol!) Love that boy!

klunker said...

Very sweet. :)