Sunday, October 3, 2010

The OC


We drove until the map turned blue.....
and back home again.

Please keep your hands and arms inside this blog and remain seated until the pictures come to a complete stop.



Newport Beach

We stayed a week at a lovely beach house on Balboa Peninsula in Newport Beach, California. We were 2 blocks from the open ocean on one side, 5 blocks from the harbor on the other side.




B,C,G,and S LOVED spending time at the beach, digging sand holes, braiding sea weed (really), eating sand (I wonder who....), building sand cities, collecting shells,  and running into and from waves waves waves.


It was fun being so close to the beach and heading down whenever we wanted to. The kids quickly got used to having sand in their hair and toes and nose, all the time.



For some reason still a mystery to me, I let the kids talk me into letting them bury me in the sand.
 In. my. clothes. 


Let me just say there are still a few grains of sand keeping me company.

If you chance to meet a frown....

just go sit with mommy!


Hope to see you again real soon, Pacific. You are just too beautiful for words.



3 comments:

Maddy and Amber said...

Great pictures of the fam, especially you buried in the sand! Can't wait to see the rest!

Heather said...

In your clothes? You should win the "Mommy of the Year" award!

klunker said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm just sorry you were here during our record-breaking heat!