Monday, August 19, 2013

Goodbye, summer!

How is it that school is starting tomorrow? 
I asked Sam what special thing he wanted to do tomorrow with just me and him. He said he wanted to eat lunch together on the front porch. I love him so much.

Here are some flowers in my front yard. These are profusion zinnias and purple fountain grass. Just in case you wondered. My absolute favorite thing about summer is being outside. I have been and always will be a summer girl.

Garrett earned a new skateboard. He is so excited about it, but mad at me that I won't let him ride it to school. He enjoys watching youtube videos of the stunts he wants to work on. I'm sensing an injury in our future.

This is a zinnia close-up, because sometimes I like to put my camera in macro mode.

Sam is a maniac on his bike and I'm pretty sure would qualify for the BMX Olympics if such a thing existed. Also, he is very excited to start preschool in a few weeks.

Last year Garrett had the most amazing school teacher ever, Mrs. Stephens. She challenged her class of second graders to read every day of the summer, and those who did were invited to this party in her awesome backyard. It was so cool! The kids rode her pony and had cake and ice cream and played games and there were prizes and it was just wonderful, just like her.

This is my favorite picture of Garrett riding the horse, because it looks like he's wearing some extra-large sombrero or something, but actually it was just a tree branch. He is sitting atop the horse.



You know it must be time to go back to school when the only thing left to do is watch the laundry spin in the washing machine. Oh well. At least we have lunch on the front porch to look forward to tomorrow!

No comments: