Friday, August 29, 2008

What I will miss most about summer....

My garden is one of the things I will miss most about summer. The first picture below shows the garden just a few weeks after planting, sometime in May. The second picture shows the garden now, after months of tender loving care (well let's don't get carried away---all I really do is water it occasionally!) I LOVE walking in my garden every day, seeing which produce is ready to pick and which is almost ready, battling squash bugs and other varmints, eating cherry tomatoes with Cass right off the vine, and (especially) watching the pumpkins turn orange. It is just so satisfying! I will definitely miss havesting our dinner vegetables daily, but we probably still have a few weeks left so I will just enjoy them while they last.



Here are the rest of the things I will miss most about summer:
  • flip flops and brightly painted toe nails
  • staying in pj's with the kids until 10am
  • having all the kids home for lunch
  • swimming
  • eating dinner in the backyard
  • not being a slave to the school schedule
  • hikes, camping, and family vacations
  • BYU Creamery ice cream
  • warm weather and the sun on my face
  • bike rides
  • the smell of sun screen

What will you miss most?

4 comments:

Kristy said...

The sun!!
I love waking up in the morning to the sun shining in the windows and having bright sunshine all day long and even past dinner.

The Gardner Family said...

The picnic lunches outside with ALL of my kids! (wow I miss Kaylee) Kelly, your garden is amazing!!

Angee said...

I love the smell of sunscreen too! Bug spray is not too bad, but sunscreen rocks!

I think I will just miss the laziness of it all. Not worrying about jackets or even shoes for that matter. And popsicles being a food group for a month or two...

sweet pickles said...

I will miss Classic Fun Center.
I still need to get your e-mail so I can invite you to my blog...