Monday, September 15, 2008

IT'S A BOY!

No doubt about it---we will be adding anther BOY to our family come January. The US showed everything healthy on our little guy---what more could we ask for? Hope he doesn't mind that Cass and I dress him in pink from head to toe. I'd like to pretend that my heart didn't break that this "he" wasn't a "she", but I'm just not that good of a liar. Don't think me shallow---of course I am so very thankful to be having a baby at all and to have him healthy on top of that is the best news. But oh I wanted Cassidy to have a sister! Anyway, please don't offer me your condolences (nobody died) and don't tell me "we'll love him anyway " (of course we will!) But do tell me all the reasons why boys are wonderful and why you love your sons! Maybe that will pull me out of this funk I'm in!

7 comments:

Tiff said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you! Boys are great! Remember snips and snails and something about puppy dog tails? That has to be good right? Don't worry I'll give him some onesies with lace on them. Lots of love!

The Gardner Family said...

When I told Kaylee about Cassidy's new little brother she got sad at first about the sister thing then I went into your eplanation of how fun it will be to be the only girl; the only princess. As our whole family was talking about this you could see the wheels turning in all the girls and as Kaylee got this daydreamy look over her eyes she said, "yeah, that would be pretty cool." Then she did say we needed to have Cassidy over sometime. We'll be calling soon. Congratulations!

Debra said...

You make the cutest boys ever! Seriously just think.... you are just adding another heart throb for all of the girls to go crazy over.

Congrats!

Angee said...

Ah. I remember the feeling well. Only it's the girl thing here. I think it's so unfair for people with 4 kids to have 2 of each, so now you can join my club.

As for my favorite thing about boys - the hair. No bows, no curling irons, not even combing 1/2 the time. And the clothes. Jeans and a t-shirt and you can't go wrong...

kacee said...

I told Cass that since she is the one and only girl that she will get extra spoiled!

Boys always have that special place in their hearts for their moms right, plus I agree with debra - you make cute boys!

sweet pickles said...

Congrats! Boys are obviously all I know, but I wouldn't have it any other way. And how nice for Garrett to have a little buddy.

Kristy said...

The nice thing about boys is that they aren't nearly as emotional as girls. If they have a problem they blow up and then it is done. Girls can drag it on forever--at least my girl.

Congrats!!