Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow cone, anyone?

My shopping is not done.
The house is hopeless.
Nothing is wrapped.
There's no plan for dinner tonight.
R is out of town.
I need a haircut and color in a bad way.
And I look like I swallowed a giant pumpkin.

But....
I did manage to dress G from head to toe in snow gear AND also myself and go outside with him and make snow salad (snow dumped in a sand bucket) and play snow games and take a few pictures that really didn't turn out that well (anyone know how to compensate for the "blue" effect of snow pictures?). I also made G hot chocolate when he came in (the first time) and helped him get dressed several subsequent times throughout the day. Does that count for anything?

Cass is an amazing singer and she sang Saturday with the LCC up at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was fun to drive up there in a blizzard (not) but we love seeing her perform. She has a real talent for memorizing lyrics (she gets this from me) and we look forward to seeing her this Wednesday in her big Christmas concert. As for the other picture, well, that's what you get when you ask a complete stranger who evidently doesn't know how to ZOOM in to snap a nice tight shot of our family. Maybe its better this way. Maybe I don't look quite so chubby (nice thought).

And one last thing: A friend of mine randomly stopped by my house today with a yummy cinnamon roll from Lehi Bakery for me and a donut for G. It made my day to be thought of and it was super delicious. Now, who can you take a cinnamon roll to?

No comments: