Saturday, December 6, 2008

People for the ethical enjoyment of "Christmas Shoes"

Okay really. I love love love Christmas music. From December 1st through Christmas Day my car radio is set to FM 100 and my CD player in the car is filled with all my Christmas CDs. I have just one teesny weensy complaint---EVERY SINGLE TIME I GET IN THE CAR AND TURN ON THE RADIO I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR THE CHRISTMAS SHOES SONG. There, I've said it. Oh I know, it's a lovely , touching song about the real meaning of Christmas and blah blah blah. Once a season, maybe twice would be fine. But playing that song on the airwaves once every 12 minutes is a little overkill, don't you think? It used to be I'd break down in tears everytime I heard it, but now it just grates on me. Serial repetition will do that to a person. Am I a Scrooge? Nah, just a good complainer....Sir I wanna buy these shoes...............for my momma, please.......

3 comments:

Heather said...

I agree with you - that song is a little over the top cheesy, and I don't like to hear it, either!

The Gardner Family said...

...but now Heather is gonna put it first on her cd. ;)

Heather said...

That is an excellent suggestion, Kandice! I will take it under advisement...