Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A few thoughts in my stocking.....

Thought #1.

Meet Linus.

Linus, AKA Sam, is almost 11 months. He'll be one NEXT MONTH. He is, among other things, an avid thumb sucker. But to complete his sucking enjoyment he must have the ever-present blankie/burp cloth/sock/kleenex or some other piece of softness clutched in his other hand, held up to his face. This is why we call him Linus. Left thumb in mouth, right hand clutching something to his face. Sometimes the poor fellow finds some raggedy dryer sheet on the floor that he makes do with until someone can find his blanket. It's a hard-knock life, kid.


Linus likes the snow.


And string cheese.


And his mom. It's mutual.

Thought #2:

It's been a wonderfully busy month for Miss Cassidy Lyn.


First a birthday, then a baptism, then lots and lots of singing with the Lehi Children's Choir....


First at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, where we take the annual family picture in front of the tree. I usually spend a few moments intently watching strangers to try and pick out the best person to ask to take our picture.


I'm not sure if they thought we only had three children and Garrett was some poor street urchin standing in the way or if they just had a mild case of macular degeneration, but that small, dark semi-circle in the middle of my sweater is all we got of Garrett. Way to focus on Garrett's best feature, his unruly hair....

Cass and the choir also gave a beautiful performance at the Alpine Tabernalce.

Cassidy is a great singer and we love being a part of LCC.

Thought #3:


When your 5 year old calls you downstairs to take a picture of an EXPLOSION GOING ON IN A VIDEO GAME HE IS PLAYING, it's easier to just take the picture then try to talk him out of it. And then later, when you dump your pictures from your camera to your computer, it will probably make you smile and be glad that you have said 5 year old.

Thought #4:

I recently bought a pair of jeans at Walmart. My daughter informed me they were quite stylish because they had BLING on the pockets. Only one problem. They stunk. No literally, they smelled really bad. So of course I washed them and....the smell was still there. My family wouldn't sit by me. Garrett said they smelled like the dead frog he found in Delta and carried around for 3 days. I'd have to agree. I took them back to Walmart and the return lady almost passed out. She happily refunded my $16.01. I bought diapers instead. They're pretty good at covering up smells.

Thought #5:

My favorite store EVER has to be the Postal Annex down by Best Buy. I stopped there today, laden with packages to be mailed to California for Christmas, and a not-happy Linus in the stroller. I dumped all my packages on the counter, including my Christmas cards, and for a very reasonable fee they stamped my cards, packed my presents, printed address labels and addressed the boxes. When I got home there was an email from them saying my package had shipped and when it arrives, I'll get another email. I seriously think we need more Postal Annexes in our lives. How about one for children? You know, your having one of those days when you totally understand why some animals eat their young......and you just go down to Postal Annex and drop the kids on the counter, pay a small fee, and someone else  packages up your chidlren and sends them to relatives in California. But don't worry---you'll get an email to confirm their  safe delivery.
(Just kidding, kids)

The sun, has gone, to bed and so must I....( Can you name that movie?)
But here, for your viewing entertainment, are more random pictures....






5 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

Wow! You are so good to already get pictures up from tonight! It seems like I've been a week behind for a while now! ;) It has been so fun to see Cassidy every week! We sure love that girl!

The Huckeba Family said...

You can send the kids to this relative in California anytime!!
Oh, and I'll be visiting my Postal Annex tomorrow, to send packages to relatives in Utah! Love the pics! Love you guys!

Angee said...

Nothing makes my day better than a Kelly post in the morning. I love it! And I totally laughed out loud at your family picture. I'm still laughing.

I am amazed again at your photography. Please tell me how you got such wonderful inside pictures. Please, please. And the picture of you and Sam - priceless. (I'm thinking your father in law took that one?)

Let's play...

Maddy and Amber said...

If I haven't told you recently then here it is... you must must must write a book with all of your hilarious anecdotes of life with children. (I know I spelled that wrong so please correct me sometime) Anyway, thanks again for the good laugh and new pics to look at! Can't wait til Monday night!

Heather said...

I agree - you should totally write a book someday! You have such an amazing perspective on life, and you share it so beautifully.

Your family portrait is my favorite ever...