Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Scenes

A few scooters....


A few toys.....


Cute girls.......



Cute boys...




And more cute boys....




SUMMER TIME AT OUR HOUSE
by Kelly L. King

What's Working: Our job (chore) program. B and C are up everyday by 730ish (G wakes up generally about 930) and are on task. We decided at the beginning of summer that the children would NOT have any screen time until the afternoon, and this has really worked for us. I've found the trick is to make sure they know the night before what their assignments are. We have a weekly chart that they fill out to keep them on task.I have promised them BIG rewards at the end of summer for never missing a day on their summer job chart.  Now as soon as they get up everyday they have about 1 to 2 hours worth of "jobs" to do. I love walking into the living room in the early morning and seeing my children reading or writing in their journals or scrubbing walls! Kudos to B, C, and sometimes G for being such great workers! 

What we're still working on: Fighting. Tattling. Problem-Causing. Boredom. Dissatisfaction with the lunch menu. Leaving the sliding-glass door wide-open when the A/C is running. Playing with friends while ignoring siblings. Whining. Red Otter Pop drips on the kitchen floor. Leaving the freezer door open. And the kids are struggling too....
Onward, ever onward!


Oops! I almost forgot two more pictures that I liked:

2 comments:

Angee said...

P.S. LOVE the scooter pictures. That says summer like nothing else could...

Angee said...

You are always so good at having a summer routine. Please come and rub off on me. Every year I think we're going to have a routine but then I realize that would take a little work from me so I pass.

Drapers sure are having fun with your kids this summer though, so that's working...