Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The True Meaning of Basketball


I've decided that watching Kindergarteners play basketball could fill an entire episode of America's Funniest Home Videos by itself. Dribbling? That just gets in the way. Passing the ball? Completely unnecessary. Listening to your coach? Who?

But watch out for number 20. He's got skills.........



Moving up the ladder we have 6th grade basketball, where they do in fact dribble, pass, listen to their coach, and occasionally.....SCORE (14 pts in his first game, but who besides his mom is counting?)



And the title of this post? Garrett leaned over to me at Ben's last game and in all earnestness asked me,
"Mom, what is the true meaning of basketball?" 

I'll have to get back to him soon.

3 comments:

Maddy and Amber said...

Those are great shots! Your boys are awesome!

Angee said...

OK, fantastic pictures! I LOVE the color one of Ben. Good work. So I seriously need to talk to you about how to shoot bball pictures. I really struggled last year. What do you adjust? Please help dear friend...

Heather said...

Greg might know the true meaning of basketball. I, however, do not!