Sunday, May 1, 2011

Women's Conference Recap

It's Sunday night. The house is a disaster zone. This happens.

Dinner was high effort, mediocre results. This happens.

R is gone. For the week. This happens too.

This week as a single parent I have 2 soccer games, two baseball games, one LCC rehearsal, one orthodontist appointment,  one activity days, 7 piano lessons, 1 guitar lesson, one Relief Society meeting, one primary meeting, teacher appreciation week, Stake temple week, and one playgroup at my house. Plus I have to make dinner. More than once.

But....
I am just recently returned from two FABULOUS days at BYU Women's Conference with FABULOUS friends (Love you guys!). The entire conference was very inspiring, even if I did come home with a list of 783 things that I need to implement in my life, like, yesterday. Here now, for your reading pleasure, is the list....

JUST KIDDING! But I did want to share a few wonderful nuggets---quotes and such--- with you:

Keep it small. Keep it simple. Give it time. (by far my favorite advice ever)

We need God. If our troubles take us to God, we can be thankful for them.

Ideals are stars to steer by, not sticks to beat ourselves with.

The only person I need to be better than is the person I was yesterday.

It is part of the plan that we are required to make decisions almost constantly. Do the best you can, and depend on the Lord to make up the difference.

The Lord can miraculously multiply our offerings. Ask Him to.

When we do our level best, we experience peace.

Prayer is the key to feeling the approval of the Lord.

Welcome the task that takes you beyond yourself.

There are hands I cannot hold and hearts I cannot comfort, but let me love and teach those who do come within my reach.

With strong faith the Lord can help us and heal us and change us.

Gratitude combats discouragement.

Be grateful for the giver, not just the gift.

You won't have the things you want until you learn to be thankful for the things you have.

Wanting less is a better thing than having more.

Make memories, don't collect things.

God is very aware of our private challenges.

Truly, I was completely inspired in every way to be so much better. I have so much to work on. Good thing tomorrow is Monday, when every good program for improvement begins. Now I just have to remind myself of what Elder Bednar said: "Measured steadiness is more effective than spurting and slacking." Slow and steady wins the race, even if your list is 783 items long......

3 comments:

Erin said...

Love the recap! :) I'm inspired just reading your quotes ....

Heather said...

Thanks for taking such great notes! I "stole" some of the quotes for my blog...

Happy Room Diana said...

Just found your blog, as a new member of the LDS Church I would like to thank you for the quotes, they are a great help to me.