Thursday, July 21, 2011

4th of July

There's nothing like posting 4th of July pictures on the 21st of July. I'm so on top of things, and organized, too!


We celebrated the 4th with  a backyard BBQ including family, food, fun, and crafts (is there a word for crafts that begins with an f? It kind of ruined my alliteration). I like this picture of Cass and my mom. We are so lucky to have grandparents who live close by and we get to see often.

Nothing but healthy snacks and veggies at our house...

Ooooh....there are so many tempting captions for this pic, here are a few of my faves:
Like father like son
(Okay, like mother like son)
Diet caffeine free mountain dew: it's not just for breakfast anymore
To report child abuse of any kind, please call Family Services at 1-800-stop-giving-your-toddler-soda

(look closely for the Cheeto dust on Garrett's mouth)
It is official---we now own every single t-shirt in the world that uses the word "King" on it. It is so cheesy and I love them all and only wish they came in bigger sizes for me! The one pictured above says "King of the Court".

We did some fun crafts. They involved paint. Sam thought it would be fun to paint my mom's dog, so he did, but I forgot to get a picture. I don't think Garrett painted any animals, though.

We did sparklers,

expressed gratitude for our freedom,

tossed water balloons,

and tried to take the perfect slide picture.

We ended the night by going to Thanksgiving Point for fireworks and a few mosquito bites. They didn't disappoint.

3 comments:

Angee said...

Oh how I love your sarcasm and humor. You make me smile.

Love the new pic at the top of your blog...

The Huckeba Family said...

The new header photo is fabulous, you must've had an awesome photographer take that! :) Love you all!

Heather said...

You always crack me up. And I get around being behind by backdating my posts. Cheating, I know, but it makes me feel so on top of things!