Thursday, August 23, 2012

Off to school they go....By Sam King

See this face? This is the face of some serious summer fun. This is what I look like during summer: happy. But then today I learned that my BFFs are headed back to school, so now I look like this:




It's true---they are all ditching me and my thumb-sucking ways to spend time with their teachers.Sigh.

We've had a really fun summer, though. I will miss playing at Seven Peaks with my peeps, going on picnics, and spending time with the people we love:






I try not to think about how they will be gone 6 whole hours every day, or how I will just have boring old mom to play with and all she ever wants to do is "run errands".



I will miss how Ben teases me until I scream, and I will miss playing "police" with C and G.



I will miss Garrett breaking bones and running through the sprinklers with me with his cast covered in plastic wrap.




But maybe, just maybe, they will miss me too (even though they are so excited to go back). 
Thanks for a great summer B,C, and G!

Love,
Your thumb-sucking smarty pants Sam-I-Am.

No comments: