Sunday, November 4, 2012

Baptism

Yesterday, this handsome young man was baptized. 
(My completely unbiased mother-heart thinks he is the cutest, most wonderful eight-year old to ever grace the planet!)

 This handsome young man has to wait a few more years before he's baptized!
(But still so cute!)

Garrett said, "Mom, I have butterflies in my stomach!" and yet, that irresistible grin was permanently affixed to his handsome face throughout the day. 

The program was wonderful:
Cassidy gave a talk on baptism and the Holy Ghost
Kendra played a musical number
Eva was the chorister
Dick and Derek were the witnesses
Rich performed the ordinance
Grandma and Grandpa gave prayers
I played the piano
and...
Garrett chose to follow the example of Jesus Christ and join His church

I am so so grateful for friends and family that come to support us. Our family is not as big as I wish it could be so I feel especially grateful to friends who are willing to step in and fill that void.

My heart is full today as I think about the blessings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, about how grateful I am for baptism, for the Savior, and for His plan for Garrett and for each of us. I am so grateful Rich and I get to be Garrett's parents! We are so blessed to have him, and to have each of our children.
We missed my mom today, but feel somehow that she still got to be part of Garrett's special day.

 2007, Ben's baptism

2009, Cassidy's baptism
(Evidently we didn't get a family picture that day. That happens.)

 2012, Garrett's baptism


These are the true "Parent Paydays", and I marvel to think how quickly time passes, and how 3 of our 4 children are now baptized!

Other fun pictures from yesterday include:
Ben LOVES that he is getting taller than the adults in his life!

The best in-laws anyone could ever ask for!

My heart MELTS at the sight of these men in my life. I love you all!
(P.S. Mr. Mac got some serious business this week from the King family!)

 (And one more photo, just because I love them so!)






No comments: