Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Day 2012, and a few end-of-the-year-thoughts

(Even though they are a necessity of life, "forced" pictures like the one above are not my favorite. Oh well.)

Santa was sooo good to us this year! We awoke to this note:

He filled our stockings (video games and candy, what more could you ask for?) and left B two movies, C a white board, G a video camera, and S a digital camera. Who knew the King children were on the nice list? 

We have always done Christmas Day at our house, but this year we changed things up and went to Rich's parents house. We love their house with all its space and more space. Here, some highlights:








We had fun this year making some presents for each other, hence the pool-noodle lightsabers (BIG hit, pun intended) and Rich's notebook from Cassidy entitled "Smokers Never Quit: Rich's Tips for Smoking and Grilling." There were many more favorite gifts, too many to list. The kids might not agree, but we adults enjoyed watching our loved ones open our specially thought-out gifts just as much or more than opening our own gifts from others. (That being said, I still do love me some presents.)


"Before"

"After" (un-posed, of course)


I love having an 8 year old. It makes me smile!
It was a wonderful Christmas. I feel so grateful to Heavenly Father for so many things!



A few odds and ends.....

This Christmas Eve I went with my family to dinner and the movies. After that we went home, got ready for bed, read Christmas stories and tucked kids in bed and awaited the magic of Christmas morning. Last year I went to dinner and the movies with my family and then spent the rest of Christmas Eve in the ER with my mom.Some of Christmas Day we spent at the hospital with her.  The next 9 months were spent in a whirlwind of doctor appointments and cancer treatments and cleaning out and selling a home and every emotion it is possible to feel and then some. We really missed Grandma Casey this Christmas! She loved Christmas, loved especially giving gifts to us, her family.  I hope somehow she still got to be with us.

No comments: