Monday, April 6, 2009

That is SO high school.....

I went to high school in a sprawling suburb halfway between downtown Los Angeles and the Pacific Ocean. In my high school of 2000 students, about 20 were LDS. Thanks to Facebook, I recently reconnected with some "blast from the past" friends (of the non-LDS variety, not that it matters, just for clarity in this story). So imagine my surprise today when I received this invite...


What: A mini high school reunion

When: Saturday, May 2, 2009 @ 2pm

Where : Aaron & Janie Korn


Who: Pretty much the ‘gang’ from high school and our spouses. Kids of course are welcome; however, this will be a good opportunity to call the babysitter and let your hair down as this party will contain adult language and beverages. I know my kids are staying with Grammy and Poppy.

Miscellany: We will have food and beverage (beer & margaritas). This will be a time to hang out and catch up on old times. I do have room for people to stay. Most of the beds are already spoken for but we have lots of floor space so you are welcome to bring an air mattress or sleeping bag and we’ll have a big slumber party. There is also lodging (from the no-tell motel to the Hilton) within about 7 miles if you prefer. If you do plan on staying, please let me know.

Any other questions/comments feel free to call, e-mail or facebook message me.

After reading the email, I had 2 main thoughts:
#1. Evidently, some people have forgotten that we graduated from high school 17 years ago!!!

and

#2. I have a feeling that my adult conversations, beverages, and slumber parties are way better than theirs. Why, just this morning Garrett told me he loves me more than Peeps (the Easter candy), after which I drank some kool-aid that he had stirred with his own bare hands, and last night Samurai Sam and I had our own version of a sleep over (minus the sleep).

Can't touch this!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow. At least she laid out the expectations clearly, so that you know just what to expect!

kacee said...

Way to have your priorities straight!

Love the pic of Sam.

Angee said...

Look at that smile! To die for. You cute little Sam-I-Am that I want to hold.

The question is, did you get invited to parties like that in high school?

How about we have a party at my house. You can find a sitter and we'll watch a PG-13 movie and break out the dark chocolate, or you can bring the kids and we'll find something PG and only whip out the 3 Musketeers...

Jayne said...

Can I come too? Sounds like a great night! :)

The Gardner Family said...

It was so great to see you last night! Somehow I missed you leaving--I was in the mood for Smart Cookie!! You probably had to get home to the babe though.