Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Busy busy busy!!

Wow!! Summer vacation has been a BLAST so far, and we've been ultra busy. Here's a sneak peak into our summer to date:


  1. We generally get dressed by 10am (well, at least the kids do).
  2. We try to have breakfast by 11 (It's amazing what I accomplish , isn't it?)
  3. So far, we've enjoyed day trips to....our basement, the bathroom (we just can't stay away from that little treasure), and we've even ventured out into the backyard (but that was a lot of effort and I don't know if we'll do it again.)
  4. Favorite shows that we watch seem to be: SURVIVOR--May the meanest sibling win; ALL MY CHILDREN (are very loud when they're all in the house at the same time); and ARE YOU SMARTER THAN GARRETT (when he says he put his laundry away but you know he really hid it and you can't find it).
  5. I've really amped up my dinner repertoire, too----tonight I made scones with your choice of raspberry jam, strawberry jam, or honey. The children will be singing my praises forever.......(Ben said, "Is this really dinner, mom?",but I quieted him down when I shot him "the look".)
  6. I've thought long and hard about cleaning my house and weeding my yard......so I started another book to keep my mind off of those ugly things. (Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis---I HIGHLY recommend it.

Like I said, we obviously have MAJOR plans for the summer. Like someone famous once said....


FOR A GOOD TIME CALL THE KINGS!

2 comments:

Angee said...

Amazing again! I love it! I now feel like I have accomplished something during these first few days of summer.

I enjoy those shows as well, though I doubt I'm smarter than Garrett.

I'm pulling out my culinary skills as well this summer. We've had cereal for all 3 meals one day.

We should really get together...

Wilcox Family said...

Your days sound like mine. We could spend them together. I water my weeds in hopes that the ground becomes soft enough to pull them out....never happens.

Besides the shows you watch, we seem to frequent Clean House as well, (just watch how to do it, and get ideas, but don't ever really do it).

Oh the joys. Call Kara again, she was awfully mad at me. She's NOT sick :)