Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Aunt Melissa


It's super-fun to have a favorite aunt come visit for a week from California.

We tried to do our part as good hosts. There were
picnics in the park

silly faces

 and rare moments of non-fighting, picture-cooperating children.

There was a cookout in AF Canyon


with lots of picture taking opportunities:




A few marshmallows were eaten

as well as some dirt

There was also

mini golf at Trafalga
bowling at Fat Cats
and
bread-making and jam-making.

There was a trip to temple square sans children


and a trip to This Is The Place Heritage Park with children


There were less-than-glamorous moments too, like when my temporary crown fell out in the middle of lunch at a restaurant and when I tried to serve an undercooked chicken casserole for dinner--yuck. But I think it's fair to say we had a few laughs, made a few memories, and took several hundred photos. 
Thanks for the visit, Melissa!

3 comments:

The Huckeba Family said...

I had so much fun with you guys!
Thanks for such a wondeful vacation! I can't wait to see you all again next month! I love you all!
Love, Auntie Mel

Angee said...

I've been wondering what you were up to. Good work...

Heather said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Glad your sister could come visit - and sorry about losing your crown... When that happened to me, my helpful dentist told me to stick it back in with toothpaste until my appointment.