Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Congrats, Stephanie

Meet one of my favorite people, Stephanie, and her two lovely daughters. Steph is a single mom raising 5 children and doing a great job. She recently graduated from BYU with a business degree, not an easy task when you are raising children on your own and working full time. We are just so proud of her, and we (book club friends) had to have a small get-together to celebrate her accomplishment.

Yes, that is a yummy cake from Costco and yes, it was super windy!

Our book club first met in the fall of 2002 (is that right, girls?) and we have been reading and playing together ever since. We have read well over 50 books (Heather, how many?) and saved countless dollars in therapy fees by getting together every month and sharing each other's lives. Between the 7 of us, we have 23 children, 19 of which are pictured here: Christine, Danielle, Miles, Joshua, Caleb, Ben, Cassidy, Garrett, Samuel, Libby, Abby, Kaylee, Taylor, Emily, Kierra, Thomas, Tait, Logan, Devin, Ellie, and not pictured are Everett, Reese, Camden, and Ellie S.


Some more of our cuties:



And this, my friends, is what I get when I ask R to hold the camera for me:


What, am I posing for a spot in a headache commercial? It always makes me laugh to get the camera back from Rich and see what he has snapped. I guess I'm just happy that I'M still the one in his viewfinder, even if I look like a weirdo.

Special congrats to Stephanie, and special thanks to all my book club friends. I love you all more than I can say!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for posting pics so I can steal the one with all of the kids. Wow, there are 23 of them! That is amazing.

And counting this month's book, we have read 76 books so far. I know, super impressive.

The Gardner Family said...

76!! Wow! I wish I had kept a better review of all of the books. That is amazing! Great post Kelly! This was a fun night!

Stephanie said...

Kelly . . . Thanks for taking the pictures. I have to admit I got a little emotional as I viewed your blog. You guys are great!