Thursday, December 23, 2010

Snow in my living room and other random adventures....


Sometimes you dream of a white Christmas and your dreams come true! In your living room! You have no idea how long this took to clean up---or maybe you do. I'm so fortunate to have great helpers....


---------------


We enjoyed a fun evening in and around Temple Square when Cassidy's choir got to sing at the Joseph Smith Memorial Bldg. Cassidy's 3 brothers really enjoy her singing (cough cough).




-----------------------


We enjoyed our 8 or so inches of snow this week. Well, I did, and 3 of my 4 offspring did. Any guess as to who doesn't like the snow in our family?


This was probably our best snowman yet. Unfortunately, 3 days of nonstop rain sent Frosty packing. Hope to see you again real soon, Frosty.

----------------------

And finally, we enjoyed several fun Christmas parties this week, some at which I remembered to take pictures and some at which I didn't. (Lucky for you---less pictures to wade through!)






This is what happens when you make totally adorable Rudolph cupcakes:


Wishing everyone one a very Merry Christmas!

P.S. You know that Amy Grant song, the one about her "grown up Christmas list?" You should really take time to make your own grown-up Christmas list. I did, and I was going to print it here, but it is just so hard for me to share genuine sentiments like that.Too scary.  I'd much rather be sarcastic and superficial. But it was quite therapeutic, making my list, and I did, just for a moment, feel the true spirit of Christmas sneak into my house of chaos. What would your list say?

3 comments:

Angee said...

I must commend Ben for actually being in those pictures. I'm pretty sure my 11 year old would have rebelled somewhere in there. :)

I would LOVE to see your list. I need to listen to that song because I've never heard it before so am not sure what my list would be.

Merry Christmas my friend...

klunker said...

Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

Kelly, we all love you! I love when you share therapeutically genuine sentiments.

But you are totally free to always stay sarcastic and entertaining. Always a pleasure to read your blog!