Thursday, May 30, 2013

Brian Head

Lucky for us--we got an invite to spend Memorial Day weekend at our friend's condo in Brian Head. We are so lucky to have awesome friends with awesome connections.

There were 4 adults and 10 children. Clearly, we were outnumbered and outwitted. (Yes I realize only 8 children are pictured here, but trust me, there are two more that weren't pictured. I am not at liberty to disclose why.)

We have never been to Brian Head before, and it was beautiful even if there was snow on the ground. Good thing the condo had a jacuzzi, because jacuzzis make up for snow on the ground on Memorial Day weekend.

Favorite parts of the trip included holding baby Troy...

who is the happiest, calmest baby I have ever met.
Another really cool part of the trip was the "loft" at the condo, which had beds for 8 of the 10 kids. It was awesome.

The first day we headed to Cedar Breaks National Monument, just a few miles from Brian Head. It was sunny and beautiful but cold! The first hike we tried to do had parts of the trail covered in thigh-deep snow! So mostly we just drove around and stopped at the look-outs and took pictures:







and my favorite...
I was trying to get an awesome picture for Rich's desk at work, so he could remember how cute I am.This is probably not that picture.

Ben is a good brother. He was such a help with the little kids on the "snow" hike when they were nearly buried by a Memorial Day avalanche.

Eva and I are secretly plotting their arranged marriage. Too cute!

Not sure what to say. Hard to resist photos with that blue sky and cool guy.

Day 2 we explored Parowan canyon and did a hike called Hidden Haven. Amazing hike, perfect in every way. We had children aged 15,14,13,11,10,8,7,4,3,and 6 months, and only one of them cried. (I'm not telling who.) At the end of the hike there was an amazing waterfall!



More hike pictures....





Another attempt at the desk photo..
I give up.


On our last day there we reached our limit and finally put the children in cages woven by ancient Paiute Indians. Just kidding. But we did explore Parowan Gap, where there were really cool lizards and lots of petroglyphs.


(Standing around admiring the petroglyphs.)

So much fun, even though I feel bad for anyone who travels with us because 1) we are cranky and our family has problems and 2) we are boring to hang out with and 3) my children are not flexible but thankfully 4) the Knox family seems to still love us anyway. Thanks, guys.

1 comment:

Angee said...

I love how you find fun in lesser known places. I do like Cedar Breaks. I will have to try Hidden Haven...