Friday, May 10, 2013

Defending the Universe


Cassidy has learned and grown so much as a soccer player. I am so proud of her! She takes her game seriously, is a great team player, and really listens to her coach. She happens to love it, too.

She also really likes the uniform color this year, so much better than the year they were a dull gray, which is NOT in her color palette. 

She also evidently enjoys playing a little air guitar on the field. Just sayin'.

Thumbs up, girlfriend. You're awesome.




Then there's this guy.......

I totally love 8 year old boys. Especially those named Garrett, and those who play baseball (and soccer). He is such a happy part of my life, full of love, curiosity, and good-spirited fun. He is all heart.


Crossing home plate in style.....

and still missing his front teeth. I love it.




As I was putting this cutie to bed a few nights ago, he recites the following to me:

"Meany Meany Miny Mo--
Catch your tigers, BITE it's toe."

Sage advice---catching your tigers and biting their toes!

Also, during Stake Conference last Sunday, about an hour into it he whispers to me "Mom, how many quarters left?" and later almost at the end says "Mom, is it the fourth quarter yet?" Either we have a teenager in the house who LOVES professional basketball or we just spend way too much time watching and playing sports, or both. Either way, we made it through all 4 quarters of stake conference and I didn't have to take him out once!

No comments: