Monday, June 17, 2013

Battle Creek Falls

I love that hiking is free (relatively), wholesome, healthy, fun, camera-friendly and perfect for all ages and attitudes. Mostly.

We spent some time in PG hiking to Battle Creek Falls. I love that it is a short drive to the trailhead, and a short hike to the falls.

There were lots of things to climb...




There were some quiet moments too..




and lots and lots and LOTS of butterflies...


Sam is amazing. He hiked the entire way, even the really steep uphill part.

Nice views of the valley and lake.

Even though the water was down this year, the falls are still impressive.

Cassidy was especially glad to have her friend Alisha along, as we went on the hike with two other families who only have boys!! (For now I'm grateful that boys are still gross, but I know those days are numbered.Then again, the way her brothers act, maybe I have longer than I think.)

Sometimes I can't think of anything clever to say. We hiked, we had some fun, there were some problems, we worked through them, we got out and enjoyed nature, I forgot to bring the camelbacks, the inside of my car got all dusty because my kidlets repeatedly put their dirty shoes on the black leather upholstery, we ate some snacks, some people in my family are moody, I took some pictures, I got in trouble for doing so, and we came home. 
We are the Kings, and this is how we hike/play/live.




No comments: