Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Seven Peaks and Backyard Camping

We braved the heat and the crowds and got wet at Seven Peaks SLC. I chaperoned 7 kids and nobody drowned or got sunburned, yay me!

 Of course, all that sunshine and chlorine means one thing: we all needed a nap!


Then later these 3 convinced me to sleep in the tent with them in our backyard. It was really so much fun. We watched a movie, had popcorn, laughed, slept a little, and were very aware of how noisy the neighborhood birds are at the crack of dawn. Somehow I managed to sneak out at 6:30 for my morning walk (why are tent zippers SO loud?) but by the time I returned 3 sleepy faces drifted indoors for breakfast. 

I love love love the relaxed, unstructured feel of summer.

Even Tyler the cat got in on the slumber-party action.

R and B (not the music genre) stayed inside to watch Back to the Future and sleep in their own beds. Chickens.


1 comment:

Angee said...

I love the same thing about summer.

Up next after backyard camping - an impromptu camping nite up the canyon with those under 12 when I call last minute. Are you in?