Wednesday, April 9, 2008

On why snow in April is wrong


I hate the cold. I have always hated the cold. Perhaps growing up in that perfect weather paradise called Southern California has ruined my toleration for anything other than a moderate breeze and sunny skies. For those "snow bunnies" out there, I assure you that nothing is more exciting than getting a shiny new bicycle (mine was a blue Beach Cruiser with coordinating pale blue tires and a white wicker basket on front) on Christmas morning and actually riding it that very same day to the backyard Christmas barbeque! It does something wonderful to the soul to live in a place where the grass is always green, you can start a garden any month you choose, and riots and earthquakes take place on a regular basis. Okay, maybe a small part of me does love Utah, does love to see my pink-cheeked children playing in the snow. But really, snow in April? Sunshine and blue skies, where are you? With the riots and earthquakes, that's where. Maybe Bing had it right after all.

No comments: