Wednesday, April 9, 2008

On why you should never argue with a three year old

Garrett: I want to put my swim suit on and you set up the pool in the backyard.
Me: It's 40 degrees outside.
Garrett: Yeah. 44.
Me:It's too cold.
Garrett: Yeah. My swim suit.
Me: When it gets warm we will set up the pool and you can swim them.
Garrett: It's warm, mom.
Me: No.
Garrett:BUT I WANT TO.
Me: No.
Garrett: BUT I AM.
Me: No
Garrett: (He has gone down to the basement and retrieved his swim shorts by digging through last year's clothes and throwing them pell-mell around the storage room).BUT I WANT TO.
Me: Fine. But just put the shorts on and leave your shirt on. (I'm such a consistent mom who never gives in)
Garrett: Moooommm, I don't want to get my shirt wet.
Me: You are not going to get anything wet because you are not swimming today.
Garrett: BUT I WANT TO!!
Me: How about a cookie instead?
Garrett: Okay, I will have a cookie if you let me take my shirt off and go swimming.
Me: You are not taking your shirt off nor going swimming.
Garrett: But you said I could!!!!

Anyone want a three year old?

2 comments:

Angee said...

I am going to love this blog. I laughed out loud and am still smiling as I type.

Thank you for this gift that will definitely brighten my day...

Jayne said...

Kelly your awesome, thanks for letting me peek at you! As far as I knew you could win any argument with a cookie, I don't know what happened?!?!