Friday, June 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Point




I wonder how many times over the years I have been to Farm Country with Ben and Cass for various preschool/kindergarten outings! And yet, this was Garrett's first time. It's funny how family dynamics change, how a lot of times the oldest child sets the tone for family activities and the youngest one gets the shaft (and sometimes vice versa). Anyway, Ben was spending the day with his grandparents and so Cass and G-Dawg and I visited our furry friends at the Point. The kids really enjoyed feeding the goats grains of corn one by one (that took a while, but it did stretch our 25 cents worth of corn), but the pony ride was by far the hit of the day. Garrett would have gladly moved in there if it meant he could continue to ride his pony 24/7. Do I see a career in the rodeo in his future? Which brings me surreptitiously to my next post.......

No comments: