Friday, June 27, 2008

Yee Haw!




I do have to say that I totally love the Lehi Roundup Rodeo! For some reason it makes me want to put on my boots (that I got for a steal at DI) and buy a pink cowgirl hat (I'm too cheap to pay full price for one so if you ever see one on clearance.....) and buy a pair of Wranglers (sorry for that visual---I really would never wear Wranglers), tuck my fringed, sparkly shirt in and mount a horse! Our family had a great time Thursday night at the rodeo. We had great seats, Garrett managed not to fall to his death on the bleachers-of-death, and Ben even stopped pulling his sister's hair and/or giving her bunny ears for most of the night. I think our favorite event is the bull riding, followed closely by the awesome motorcycle stuntmen. I think Garrett might even give up his career in the rodeo to jump motorcycles 65 feet in the air! (Gotta be proud) My favorite memory of the night? Cassidy cheering for the cows the entire night! Whenever a calf got away from being roped or wrangled, she would literally clap and cheer and say "Good! The cow won!" We tried to explain to her that she should be cheering for the cowboy and not the cow, but she couldn't be persuaded. I think she might be right--as fun as the rodeo is, it is a little barbaric! Can we buy tickets for next year, yet?

2 comments:

Angee said...

Great post! I love it. Let me grab my Ropers and we'll hit another rodeo...

Angee said...

Ben told me you didn't go to a parade. Come on Roundup Girl...