Thursday, June 19, 2008

"We're Bored"





Only three weeks in and already I'm hearing this famous phrase! We tried in vain to come up with a plan for today to ease the boredom, but we were at a standstill. Then suddenly I remembered this spot that begged to be explored, just minutes from our house. Everyone loaded into the van and in a few minutes it felt like we had entered our own private forrest/jungle. There were trees to climb, a swift flowing creek, tree swings and tree houses and even a tire swing hanging over the water! Why is it that kids can spend hours just throwing rocks into water? We took our time exploring and snapping pictures (well, only me) and all was fun and good times until Cass accidently slipped into the creek up to her chin! I wish I could teach my children to go with the flow (no pun intended) and laugh at themselves, but.....let's just say that she'll probably still be touchy about it for many weeks to come. It didn't help the fact that Ben and I could not stop laughing because it really was so funny to watch her fall in! (Please, don't mention this to her). Anyway, I think we mostly had a good time. And the price was fabulous!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Great photos - and great activity! It is so great to get a glimpse in to your everyday life.

Angee said...

OK, you must share the secret spot. I thought for a minute your kids might have been transported to "Terebithia"...

Holly said...

Hey Kelly,
We're bored over here too! Give me a call and we can get the scrapbook gang together to do something!

Angee said...

Can't wait to see what's in store this week...

kacee said...

Call us next time you head to the "secret" spot - we would love to play! Maybe one of my kids can take a tumble in the water and Cass will feel better! ;)