Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Utah Lake






Wednesday night we had a blast on Utah Lake with our BFF the Knoxes. They were so kind as to invite us to go wave running with them. Ben and Rich are speed demons, while I usually get called "Grandma Kelly" out on the water. It was a beautiful night to be out at the lake---there were many boaters, fishers, water skiers, and of course, the beautiful murky slime-green water. But the sunset was amazing! We had a dock all to ourselves as we dined on pizza and soda and tried to keep Garrett and Seth from falling in. Garrett even like riding the Wave Runners---until Rich and I accidently flipped our runner with Garrett on it! In all seriousness it was probably the most scary moment of my life. The runner flipped, Rich and I were thrown from it, and poor little G hung on to the handle bars and went under the water, with the huge machine on top of him! I totally freaked out--the water was so murky we couldn't see anything---and even though Garrett had a life-vest on he couldn't float to the top because he was under the runner! Fortunatley Rich was able to get under and grab him--I'm sure the whole thing only lasted a few seconds--but it put me on edge the entire night. He came up smiling, though, and in a little while got right back on for another ride. We really did have a great time, and we're really glad Garrett (and everyone else) is just fine. As for his mother.......

3 comments:

Angee said...

First off, glad to hear Garrett still loves the water. I am constantly amazed how kids let things go. If only us adults could do the same. :)

"Grandma Kelly". I love it. Way cute pics of the King fam. Ben is much braver than I am. You won't catch me swimming by the dock. Who know what is living and swimming under there...

Maddy and Amber said...

Wow! Scary stuff! I'm so glad G-man is alright! I'm glad the rest of the night went better. Thank goodness for family prayers! Heavenly Father really does hear them! The pictures are great!

Maddy and Amber said...

I am soooo ready to move to San Diego. If we put our resources together maybe we could get a nice shack somewhere with 1 bathroom and 2 bedrooms for a cool million. The kids all get to sleep on the floor! Sounds like a plan, huh?