Thursday, November 6, 2008

BC

This is my friend Ilene. She is smart, funny, cute, a great listener, and a million other wonderful things. She is holding a diaper cake, didn't you know?

These are my wonderful, fantastic, amazing, and stylish friends from my book club, fondly known to us as BC. From left we have Tiff, Erin, Ilene, (me), Heather, Kandice and Steph. These women are so amazing---I can't even begin to tell you how much I adore them. Each day I'm amazed that they let me associate with them! Originally we were all in the same Lehi ward together and somehow we started a book club, and now, more than 5 years and 60 books later, we're still going strong. We meet once a month to "discuss" our book (read: eat and gossip and share our joy and pain---it's way cheaper than therapy although some of us still need that , too). Between us we have 21 kids! In this photo we were together last Saturday for a baby shower for wonderful Ilene, who, after two boys and countless years trying to get pregnant is due to have a GIRL any day now. We were so excited to throw her a shower and watch her open everything pink.
I'm just so thankful for friends. I truly do love people. I love meeting new people, although I'm always sure I come across like a dork (my Dad always told me to find something I'm good at and stick with it. Thanks, Dad.) I never get tired of talking to people, learning about their life, asking their opinions/advice, and especially doing things together. Without sounding whiny (whiney?) I only wish I had more time and means to play with more people out there! Thanks to all my friends out there, old and new. Thanks to all of you who look beyond my NEON flaws and insecurities and bad fashion choices and still are so nice to me. And here's to making many, many more friends in the future! Wanna come over and play?

2 comments:

Angee said...

Here's to Kelly! Such an amazing friend. One I will call friend in this life and the next...

Tiff said...

Such a wonderful day! Those pictures make me smile! Here's to another 5, 10, 15 and more years as a BC! Kelly, you are a treasure among women. I am grateful to be called your friend!