Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pumpkings (a play on words, not a typo)






We are a true pumpkin carving family! We love to use patterns to trace intricate designs and this year Ben and Cassidy carved their own with very little help! Ben was especially proud of his BYU pumpkin, and every year Rich and I have been married we have always carved one that says KINGS. Garrett tried to get in on the fun by first carving the dining room table and then carving his own hand. We were not amused, but evidently he was.



The kids had fun (big surprise) trick-or-treating. I sent them out with only one goal: Do not return without a Mr. Goodbar. They failed their mission but still returned with lots of other goodies that I shouldn't eat but did. We've trained our children to pay the PARENT TAX upon their return from trick-or-treating. Rich and I each take our pick from their booty, and they are actually really good about sharing with us. I feel good about doing our part to keep the world's dentists in business. It takes a village.....




1 comment:

Angee said...

OK, first off, love the KING pumpkin. The Drapers may have to steal another King idea.

Tell Ben I love his BYU pumpkin as well.

Sweet picture of the King kids. And I love the dueling picture. I'd give you a Mr. Goodbar but my kids have none to steal.

It takes a village...