Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

 

DSC_0001_edited-1 A bad case of the sillies!

 
DSC_0005

 

DSC_0009  
DSC_0004_edited-1  

Goodbye 2008, hello 2009! Goodbye to being pregnant (only 18 more days), hello to a new baby…………….goodbye to being 34, hello to being 35…………….goodbye to 3 children, hello to 4………….goodbye to 11 years of marriage to my F.P.I.T.W. (favorite person in the world), hello to 12….goodbye (hopefully) to unrealistic expectations, hello to a more moderate approach….goodbye to “sport shopping” (as R calls it), hello to being less materialistic……goodbye to my high-strung personality (let’s don’t push it, Kelly), hello to a calmer, more peaceful me…..goodbye to negative habits, hello to positive ones…..goodbye to making lists of things to do, hello to becoming the person I dream of being---spiritual, kind, thoughtful, beautiful, gracious, intelligent—you know, your basic stay-at-home-mom with the perfect house/kids/husband who has it all together and……….WAIT! What was that about unrealistic expections? Ooops! Maybe I’ll just try to be me this year, and to be happy with that. Now THAT would be something to celebrate.

3 comments:

Debra said...

I love it!
Kelly, of course you know I think the world of you and so I already know you are spiritual, kind, thoughtful, beautiful, etc. etc. but I absolutely love your resolution of being yourself and being happy with it. I am totally stealing your New Year's Resolution!

Happy New Year!

Heather said...

Great resolutions - I know you can do whatever you put your mind to!

Maddy and Amber said...

Sorry it's been forever since I blogged but there are new pictures coming soon. Love yours BTW. Can't wait to see that new boy!