Sunday, January 25, 2009

My own piece of heaven

What is it about babies that draws us to them, that makes us want to hold and cuddle and snuggle them? In Sam's case, it could be because he is quite possibly the world's sweetest baby. But I think what draws us to them is their proximity to heaven. They are our closest link to a Father that we long to be with, that we can't quite remember. But I feel as if my memory is jogged a bit as I hold Sam. It's the most wonderful feeling, and I wonder if we will all be just overwhelmed with that same love and happiness we feel when one day we do return. Thanks, Sam. I promise to set you down soon. But not yet...........

3 comments:

Angee said...

I think you've totally got it. I know our house is never more filled with the spirit than when there is a baby in the house.

I can't wait to meet him...

Jayne said...

Kelly it makes me want to have my babies back to hold! We really, really, really, really missed you at church. But it's okay, I'm just being selfish. :) You need to post a picture of him without his hat, to show off all of his gorgeous, dark hair!

Debra said...

Oh he's so adorable! I'm coming over soon, very soon to meet him. And as soon as I'm positive my coughing daughter is non-contagious, we would love for Cass to come over to play... Kaydee has been begging me!