Monday, January 12, 2009

The Waiting Game

The crib is up.

His clothes are folded and organized in drawers.

The diaper bag is packed.

I’ve officially stopped sleeping at night.

AND, my toe nails (is that one word or two?) are freshly painted.

Baby boy, we’re all waiting on you!

I’d like to say a word about Gluppity-Glupp. Also, Schloppity-Schlop. (Unless you’ve read The Lorax a million times like I have that reference will make no sense to you.) I’d just like to say how much fun the last week of pregnancy is! I just really love being unable to sleep, eat, or breathe. I love having swollen feet and ankles and not being able to bend over. I love being an emotional nut case (no difference there from normal, really) and crying and raging alternatively (or simultaneously). I especially love waiting for this huge impending event over which I have no control. Right now it is 4:46 am---what are you doing? I’ve been up for a while, had a snack (bread with jam and butter and a glass of milk) and now I’m posting like any 38-week pregnant woman would be doing. I hope to fall asleep again before I have to get the troops up at 6:45.

Thanks for letting me complain. It really will all be over soon, or just beginning, however you look at it. And I KNOW  it will all have been worth it. I just can’t wait to meet our little (okay, big) guy.

P.S. He still has no name. Any ideas out there?

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, sounds like I am not missing out on a thing by never having been pregnant. I can cross that off my list of things to accomplish in this life!

Name suggestions: boy. little man. baby bobo. cougar.

and I'm out...

The Gardner Family said...

Did Heather really suggest Cougar? I guess that's better than naming a kid Ute. Cowboy is better than both, but I'd actually probably stay away from all 3!

Hang in there Kelly! You'll get to meet that little man soon! We've all been thinking of ya and can't wait to hang out this weekend!

Maddy and Amber said...

You forgot to mention some of my favorite things about being pregnant including stretch marks, back aches galore, loosing my hair but making up for it by gaining weight, having to pee every 15 minutes (I especially love that one at night), etc, etc, etc. Just to name a few! But hang in there for a little longer!

Now to the important stuff... Names:
Branson, Grant, Scott, Bradley, Jason, Chris, Ian, James. That's all I could come up with on short notice. Sorry!

kacee said...

Oh, i hate this last little bit! I feel like I spend the whole 9 months saying get here, get here and then it hits -YIKES! I have to actually give birth!


Hmmm, boy names: Zack, Joshua, Andrew, Grayson, Kaleb, Matthew

Good Luck!

Debra said...

But Kelly, you look so cute prego. Seriously! And I'm not just saying that to get more time holding the baby when he comes.

Love the name Andrew and Matthew too... and Alexander, James, Jonathon