Monday, August 10, 2009

Baseball, Soccer, and the 4th of July

What do baseball, soccer, and the 4th of July have in common?

1. The King Family
2. Blog posts that Kelly is behind on




Ben had a great time earlier this summer playing machine-pitch baseball through American Fork City. His team was the Rockies (second year in a row) and he especially enjoyed playing a variety of fielding positions this year. Another bonus? The pitching machine doesn't throw fastballs at your face!

Samuel was especially impressed by Ben's baseball ability.

Now for soccer.....



Cass played soccer (first time ever) and had a great time. In her own words, she really liked the games when "we wear our shirts purple side out". Her skills really improved during the course of the season. Way to go Cassidy!

That brings us to the 4th of July, on the 10th of August...





Just for the record, we had a BBQ at R's parents' house and then we watched fireworks at our neighbors' later that night. Big spender that I am, we did supply our kids with sparklers (6 boxes). I wouldn't want to be considered unpatriotic or anything.

Whew! I'm glad I got that off my blogging chest!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am also far behind on reading blogs. Hmmm, I wonder why?

Thanks for the updates!

Jennifer said...

It was good to see you on Saturday too. I wil keep tabs on your cute family if you don't mind.