Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Delta, part 1

Let me confirm any vicious rumors you might have heard:
We did indeed actually take our family on vacation to Delta. Utah. On purpose.

Keep reading for some of the highlights--er, lowlights--of our trip:



We stayed in a great cabin right on the banks of Gunnison Bend Reservoir. (It is not near Gunnison, it is in Delta). It was so beautiful to watch the sunset each evening over the lake and to see all the changing leaves and trees nearby. We ate most of our meals out doors on the wrap-around porch and roasted marshmallows at night in the fire pit. It was almost like camping---but there was a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and comfy beds inside.


There was a tree swing,


a hammock,


and plenty of rocks, sand, and


 dead frogs that we needed to keep.

There was also a canoe.....


and plenty of time to be silly.......





and crabby.







It was a whole lot cheaper than Disneyland. And I'm pretty sure they charge extra for dead amphibians in Anaheim.

2 comments:

Angee said...

Kelly, I would vacation anywhere with you. I seriously love that you guys go new places. And you have fun where ever you go. You are simply the best. I think I might break into song here:

"You're simply the best. Better than all the rest..."

I'm still waiting to hear about the catastrophe's. I'm thinking we need a hang out because it seems whenever we get together we're either chasing kids or talking Primary...

Heather said...

The cabin looks awesome! What a great vacation idea.