Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rise and Shout!

We had the best time ever Friday night at Lavel Edwards Stadium as we watched the Cougs pounce Utah State. It was the first game Rich and I have been to in a long time, and the first game EVER for Ben and Cassidy.




They LOVED singing the song after each touchdown, loved hearing the band play all the fun songs, and loved being in one place with that many other BYU fans.




I thought I was doing a stellar job of explaining the details of football to Cass, but I could tell I had lost her when she informed me she was going to count and see how many people were in the stands. Outloud. Fortunately, at that exact moment Cosmo appeared on the field and her attention was diverted. Momentarily.




We really had so much fun. The kids were great, even though we had to park about a mile from the stadium and hike in and out. We saw a few friends and neighbors at the game, and even managed to be in the right place at the right time when the BYU players ran onto the field from the locker room. (Ben's jaw dropped, just a little, to be that close to "fame and glory)". I know people around here go all the time to BYU games, but it is a real treat for our family. GO COUGS!

2 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

Ok...even though it is BYU it does look like you had a good time! ;) Who had the other 2? How great that you got to go with just the older 2. Sometimes it's nice to be able to walk a mile in and out and hang out with the big kids isn't it?!

Angee said...

If it makes you feel any better, none of my kids have ever been to a BYU football game. However, they have been to bball and soccer games. I think I have been to a Y fball game once (like 1992 or so) and it was so cold that I have preferred to stay home for the rest of the games...