Friday, February 6, 2009

8

Finally, the proof you've all been waiting for to know that I am an extremely boring person! Here goes:

8 FAVORITE TV SHOWS
1. Life
2. The Closer
3. Medium
4. Law and Order (the original series)
(really, I don't watch a lot of TV. I can't stand sitcoms and mostly I just flip through our 100+ channels and turn it off)

8 THINGS I DID YESTERDAY
1. Held Sam
2. Went with G's preschool to the Dinosaur Museum
3. Went to C and B's SEP's
4. Held Sam
5. Watched the movie "The Count of Monte Cristo"
6. Took a nap with Sam
7. Read books to C and G
8. Slept 3 straight hours in my own bed minus a baby

8 THINGS I LOOK FORWARD TO
1. Warm weather
2. Sleeping through the night
3. Seeing Sam smile
4. Losing 20 pounds and fitting in my jeans again
5. The Rascal Flatts concert that I am not going to
6. Not being so emotional every day (thanks pregnancy hormones)
7. Feeling like myself again
8. Scrapbooking, reading, shopping--all my faves that I used to do before I became a shut-in

8 FAVORITE RESTAURANTS
1. Cafe Rio
2. Chili's
3. Market Street Grill
4. Mi Ranchito
5. the Deli at Thanksgiving Point
6. Paradise Bakery
7. Kneaders
8. PF Chang's

8 THINGS ON MY WISH LIST
1. Wheat grinder
2. Freezer
3. Rascal Flatts tix
4. new carpet
5. unabridged copy of The Count of Monte Cristo (my absolute favorite book of all time)
6. Swingset for the kids
7. Disney Cruise vacation
8. fireplace for my basement

8 PEOPLE I TAG

Alas, I really don't know that many people, but I'd sure like to! Anyway, for sure I tag
1. Vicki
2. Heather
3. Kandice
4. all you lurkers out there who read my blog but don't comment! Won't you be my friends?


P.S. On a not-at-all-related-note, here's an inspirational thought for you for today. I've mentioned before that my favorite book ever is The Count of Monte Cristo. Last night Sam and I watched the movie (is he too young for PG-13?) again and I was just reminded all over what a fabulous story it is! If you do not know this story you are seriously missing out. Anyway, one of my favorite parts is (I'll try to be brief here) is when Dantes (sp?), who is wrongly imprisoned for 13 years, expresses to his friend that he no longer "believes in God." His friend, the priest, replies, "It matters not. God believes in you." So remember today---GOD BELIEVES IN YOU.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Interesting post! And you really do have to read the unabridged version of The Count. I have mine already packed to read again on the 24 hour travel days to and from Dubai. I had to pack it away so I wouldn't read it now...

Angee said...

Chili's it is. Let's hit lunch.

I can't believe you don't like sitcoms. Unfortunately that's about all I watch. You probably don't like them because they can't compare to how witty and funny you are.

I wanna hold Sam...