Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Valentine



Rich has been gone all week, working in 78-degree Houston, and I've been missing him. I was doing okay until I listened to my Lonestar playlist and then I lost it (thank you post-pregnancy hormones) during the chorus of I'm Already There. So I was really, really looking forward to R's return tonight when I checked my email this afternoon and saw this message from him: (WARNING: STOP READING NOW IF YOU ARE AVERSE TO SAPPY, CORNY EMAILS.)

"Just got through security and am waiting for my flight. It will be good to be home. You're the best part." Love, R.

Imagine me....the best part? (I warned you this was sappy.) Cranky, stubborn, overweight, obsessed with Rascal Flatts, completely emotional and irrational me.....

and I get to be his favorite part.

I knew I was on to something when I married a "rich King." I just didn't know then how wonderful he'd turn out to be.


3 comments:

Maddy and Amber said...

So sweet! He is an awesome guy! I'm so glad he is coming home tonight! Thanks for ther Spidey Valentines!

Heather said...

You are definitely the best part because you are so YOU. You guys are a great team.

The Gardner Family said...

Yep--that was very sappy, but so perfect. I love it! I can't believe you made it a week with a newborn and no hubby. Way to go!