Friday, February 20, 2009

All that Jazz

So last night Rich's firm took all employees and spouses (R thinks the plural of spouse should be spice) to the Jazz game for dinner and, well, basketball. I managed to leave Sam (and the others) at home with my MIL and by the time we reached the freeway I had stopped crying. Although I was having severe "crabitude" (I just made that up--but it fits me to a T, don't you think?) over A) having nothing cute to wear because I'm too fat for my clothes and B) being sure Rich and I were going to die in a car crash thus leaving our children to be orphans and C) still fuming about a minor incident involving a four-year old and scissors earlier in the day and D) I'm just still basically an emotional mess. Despite all this nonsense, I ended up having a great time. Being with Rich is always great, being at a sporting event with Rich is even better! It was an amazing game, with the Jazz beating the Celtics in a very tight match! There was yummy food, adult conversation, and even free wrist-bands and head-bands (see photo). What more could I ask for? We made it to half-time at which point I was convinced Sam-I-Am had died in my absence and so we headed for home, and managed not to get ourselves killed en route. Sam was fine, B,C, and G were asleep, andRich and I finished watching the game before going to bed. It was such an amazing finish to the game I almost wished we had stayed, but baby steps, Kelly, baby steps.

GO JAZZ!

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Kelly, I so remember thinking that Jer and I needed to get our will in order before we leave our kids again. Believe it or not your normal! or we're all abnormal:) Good job on making it to half-time. I don't think I would have even left the baby. Your awesome.