Thursday, February 26, 2009

Guilty

I totally copied this idea off of one of my favorite blogs---the meanest mom blog--so I hope it's not considered plagiarism. Anyway, I now proudly present a few of the things I feel most guilty about.....

  1. We started reading the Book of Mormon as a family in 1997. To date were in 1 Nephi chapter 2.
  2. Today I called my pediatrician to ask if he would consider putting a cast on our 4-year-old's hands to help him to quit sucking his thumb. The doctor told me he didn't think that practice was legal in this country. I'm expecting a call from family services soon.
  3. If said 4-year-old wakes up before 9am, I tell him it's still the middle of the night and to go back to bed. This is why he sleeps in a dark, basement bedroom.
  4. If my children watch Wordgirl or Super Why or any show in which they show the credits, I count this as their daily reading time.
  5. I'm not particularly good at washing bed sheets. A few times a year seems to be fine.
  6. My children love my cooking. They're favorites include Hamburger Helper and Honey Nut Cheerios.
  7. Until recently, our 4-year-old SON rode a pink and purple bike with the words "Glamour Girl" emblazoned on the side. Let's hope the damage isn't irreparable.
Now, what do you feel most guilty about?

1 comment:

Angee said...

I have been wanting to do this post as well. I'm totally going to do it now. Thanks for the inspiration.

#1 is my favorite, but I'm guilty of all of them. Except #7 - but do pink towels count?

You're so cool...