Thursday, September 10, 2009

Never Touch a Sea Turtle

This is Garrett on his 2nd day of Preschool.
This is the face he made when I asked him to smile for the camera.



Here are Garrett's best friends in the whole wide world, Parker and Camrie.
Notice how the only one in the picture making a strange face is Garrett.


Fortunately for us, the long trek to Teacher Heidi's is only 2 doors down.
He didn't want me to walk with him (sniff sniff).



Here is his class, and Teacher Heidi.
When I asked him what he learned his first day, he said "Never touch a sea turtle, Mom."
Don't ask. I have no idea. But if Teacher Heidi wants to teach Oceanography as an enrichment course, I'm good with that.


This picture is courtesy of my friend Angee. She was organized enough on the actual FIRST day of preschool to bring her camera, be on time, and take some pictures. Other moms (we won't mention names) were running down the street after their child (who didn't want to walk with them) with hair still dripping from the shower, a baby on their hip, camera-less because they're disorganized.
Garrett's friend Kara is sitting next to him. I don't want to make any predictions about the future, but...Kara and Garrett did walk to school together today. She sure is a cutie......and he'd really like a mother-in-law who does science (long, long story that only certain people will laugh at. Hopefully).

3 comments:

Heather said...

Garrett is too cute for words! I love that he hams it up for the camera...

Wilcox Family said...

It made Kara's day to walk with Garrett. I would love to be able to teach science all the time. BTW it did bring a good chuckle when I read the last part:) He's such a cute kid!! Nice pictures by the way on your friend's blog. I just may need some lessons;) I know, while Kara is gone to preschool. SNIFF SNIFF:(

Angee said...

I loved to science comment. He he.

You know, when you mentioned that you were starting a blog however long ago, I had no idea that your words could bring me so many smiles. So I thank you - for your blog and for you.

And I think we should have a photography class during preschool. Brilliant idea...