Monday, January 11, 2010

The Looney Farm

Towards the end of a very long day, I found myself on the floor in my living room being mauled (lovingly) by my almost-one-year-old as my eight year old tested the volume output of our piano with songs she was making up on the fly and my five year old accompanied her by repeatedly jumping off the arm of the couch and beating a stick on the side of the piano every time he landed. The following conversation ensued:

Me: (For the love) "You guys are seriously going to send me to the looney farm!"

Them: (in unison) "Is it far?"

Starting tomorrow please forward any correspondence to Kelly King, c/o Looney Farm for Deaf and Deranged Mothers.

4 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

So Kaylee just gave us a great FHE lesson tonight, complete with a game and special notes/cards for each of us. I'm not sure what all she came up with over there or over here, but either way she is such a happy girl after being with Cass! LOVE HER!! (maybe this will delay your admittance to the looney farm!) ;)

Maddy and Amber said...

So that was all the commotion I heard coming from your house last night! lol! From one derranged mother to the other....HANG IN THERE!

Lindsay said...

No need for me to send mail. I'll be joining you!

Teri said...

Well, you know what they say about "looniness"...it's hereditary; you get it from your kids (wink, wink)