Thursday, January 7, 2010

One of those moms....





As you can see by the pictures, our child is very advanced. (In case you can't tell, this is him taking 5 or 6 steps. In succession. Unassisted.)


He's so proud of himself. I mean, we don't really make a big deal of it or anything. The kids and I just clap and whistle and and sing and dance for him when he does it. No big deal, really. (I'm so glad I thought to pick up the burp cloth and vacuum the floor before I grabbed the camera).


And then sometimes he falls, but really, not that often. I mean, he is advanced after all. Pure genius. A prodigy.

He also says 3 words (count 'em, THREE): Kitty, cracker, and car. Rich insists this is an elongation of the truth but the truth is that Rich has never understood baby talk, and that's a cold hard fact. Often he requests my translation services, and that's for the 5 and 8 year olds.

As for Sam's other talents, he's quite adept at
  • pulling all of his clothes out of his drawers
  • eating trash and dirt off the kitchen floor, especially when I sweep it all in a pile just for him
  • rearranging his sister's room
  • eating crayons
  • grabbing the cats by their tail or ears
  • drooling
  • turning off video game systems evidently "at the exact moment I was going to get the new high score and be crowned video game mega champion"
  • "dancing" to music
  • snuggling with mom and giving loves
How advanced is your child?

4 comments:

Maddy and Amber said...

LOL! Thanks for the giggle! Sam is a genius BTW and that is coming from his favorite Aunt Vicki!

Angee said...

I love it! Mostly I love you sarcasm. A girl after my own ways.

I agree that the man Sam is very talented - I mean turning off video games right before mega championess - brilliant.

The Drapers claim to genius comes in the form of Sadie playing the Ipod touch. Amazing...

Tiff said...

And he has gorgeous blue eyes!! I loved your post! It made me smile after a loong day!

Heather said...

I am sooo happy that I witnessed the marvel personally! And I especially love the picture that looks like your cat is sitting on Samuel's head while he is walking. That is truly a marvel I desire to see!