Friday, May 23, 2008

Babysitter Stress

Do you ever feel like getting a babysitter is more trouble than it's worth? Although I love looking forward to a date with Rich, I always feel like I have to have the house totally clean for who? THE BABYSITTER. Check the logic on that one! I also stress if I am having said babysitter feed the kids dinner, because it is usually something lame like cold cereal and toast, and then I worry that the babysitter thinks we probably eat that every night (which we do) and she'll probably go home and tell her mom that Sister King doesn't even cook meals for her kids! I also always worry about how much to pay them, because I want them to come back but at the same time I just spent $$$ on dinner and a movie and we stopped at Walmart on the way home and now there's no money left in the account. Does everyone agree that I am completely psycho? Really, I am trying to be more laid back. It just hasn't really happened yet. Oh well, at least I get to go out with a hottie tonight........

P.S. Anyone have any fabulous ideas for Memorial Day? We were trying to plan a hike but the snow level is very low and now it is supposed to rain on Monday! Any ideas out there?

3 comments:

Angee said...

I am so glad I am not the only one with babysitter stress. I also feel guilty, like I should be the one feeding them the cold cereal.

As for Memorial Day, I'm at a loss as well. Perhaps Provo Canyon and stop off at one of the parks or bike trails and see the waterfall. Let me know of any other brilliant ideas. We're going to Indiana Jones tomorrow. Wahoo...

kacee said...

Did you find something fun to do today? We headed up to our cabin for the weekend but stayed inside the WHOLE time {since it was snowing :p}

I hear you on the babysitter stuff - I never know if I am being a cheepy or making them work too hard. But I have to say that there is nothing better than coming home to sleeping kids and the house the way I left it {clean} after a night out! I ♥ Brittan!

Kristy said...

I have never had a babysitter for my kids. I'm lucky that we have both grandmas close by. But I know that we will not always have that luxury. I remember getting paid $1 an hour (no matter how many children I watched) so I have no idea what the going rate is.